Found old Homebrew.....awesome results!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjBrewer

Reaction score
Cleaning out the garage and found an old bomber tucked away in a box of brews from an event last October. Had no idea what it was so I cracked it open

Well, it was a gusher so I knew it must have picked something up at bottling since I counter pressure fill.

Well it sure did, and somehow it picked up some Brett. Let me just say it was incredible! Had champagne like effervescence, dried way out and all the characteristics of Brett I love. Took me to swirl up the dregs in the bottom to realize it was an old Hefe I brewed last summer.

I frantically searched in hope there was more. To my dismay, there was none. Oh well, I enjoyed it and it gave me some ideas. Just though I would share. Cheers!

You're absolutely right. Age has opposite effects on beers as on people. I found an entire CASE each of an ale and a bitter from Oct.....wait for it........2012. Worth the wait. Am gearing up production so I can always enjoy a year-old house brew. Yum!

Thinking about racking a gallon or so of future batches when kegging into a bottling bucket and pitching a smack pack of Brett. Pack them away just to see how they come out. Don't think I'll be able to duplicate this but would be fun to see what happens.

Back