Fortified Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patwik101

Reaction score
I am about to bottle my first batch of Skeeter Pee. Its at 13% final gravity. When I was making the wine, I used the zest from the Lemons and made a Limoncello from it. The Limoncello is now filtered and done. I was thinking about trying to fortify some of the Skeeter pee with the Lemoncello and was wondering if anyone out there has tried this and could give me some pointers as to a good proportion to try as far as wine to liquor ? Or just do it to taste and see what proportion tastes right and go from there.

My wife loves lemencello and I've made quite a few batches of skeeter pee that I really enjoy. It is a great base recipe to start with and modify.

With the kick a good skeeter pee has, I'm curious why you would kick it up a notch.

How is the flavor at this point? would you post your recipe for this?

I dried the peel from my batch of SP and I added some of the dried peel back into the pee in secondary. I just tasted it tonight, and I'm pleased with the extra dimensions. I'm planning another batch of pee here in a few weeks or so with meyer lemons, and I'm going to do the same thing.

So I would say go for it!

So, I decided to go with 1 gallon - 16 cups of Skeeter Pee and fortified it with 4 cups limoncello. Let it sit for a month and tasted it today. It just made the wine slightly sweeter and couldn't really taste the limoncello that I added. I liked it and think I'm going to leave the bottles alone tell the end of this year and open one just to see what it tastes like.

Lon D's Skeeter Pee Recipe

The Limoncello Recipe that I fell in love with.

Latest posts

Back