Forgot to flame mouth on jug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sils13

Reaction score
O I had a some yeast come in almost completely inflated :( made a tiny starter to give then something to do and make sure they were healthy and happy wanted to add a second batch of starter wort but just as soon as I poured it in I forgot to flame the mouth of the jug it was covered in a sanitized foil and the jug was fully immersed in sanitizer b4 I put the Wort in it to cool! Any thoughts of contamination or should I b ok?

You'll be fine. My sanitation practices are questionable at best and I've never had an issue with contamination, granted, I've only got maybe 40 batches under my belt. That doesn't mean I'll get away with it every time, but really, we're not talking about rocket science and $250,000 batches here. My career and the livelihood of myself and x number of employees doesn't depend on each batch coming out perfectly, so I don't sweat small stuff.

Back