Forgot to check og

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenlybrew

Reaction score
So a friend of mine finished brewing his first batch. I aske what the og was and he Said he forgot to check it. He has already pitched the yeast. Is it too late to still check it? He pitched maybe 2 hours ago. I told him to leave it in fear it might mess withe the yeast. So I'm checking back to see what u guys think. Holllaaaaaaa! :mug:

I'd just leave it and not worry about it. Though if hes really keen on knowing, I can't really imagine what harm would be done with taking a sample now besides risking infection.

I did that on my last beer i brewed, me and a buddy got kinda smashed while brewing and forgot to check OG. Im just glad we didnt forget to pitch the yeast.

Yeah that's what I Said about the infection and I thought it might take some yeast cells with it aswell. I think he will just wait as it's the first batch and just needs to get his feet wet. No competitions on this batch. I was just curious for future reference if it was a big no no to check gravity after a couple of hours of pitching yeast.

jfrank85 said:
I did that on my last beer i brewed, me and a buddy got kinda smashed while brewing and forgot to check OG. Im just glad we didnt forget to pitch the yeast.

Haha. It would have been a very sad day when y'all realized y'all had been fermenting pure wort for x amount of days. Nothing to do then but pitch the yeast and get smashed all over again

Latest posts

Back