Force Carb Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCC

Reaction score
I have a question about using the 30 psi method of force carbonating. I have read a lot of posts including Bobby M’s post detailing the process. My question is not about the process, but about the outcome and if you all would recommend me going this route. Here is my situation:

I have a red rye beer that has been properly aged and is ready for kegging. Due to my busy schedule my keezer will not be completed until tomorrow Friday. I have a brewing party Saturday afternoon that I wanted to have my beer ready to pour for. So my question is if I can get my beer cooled and ready to carb by Friday night should I use the 30 psi method, shake it up, bleed off the co2 and leave it at 12 psi until ready to serve? Does this method affect the flavor? Will the beer go flat in the glass? Should I just show off the keezer and tell everybody they will have to wait until next time? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

My experience is it takes a little bit longer than a day to carb up like that, 48 hours normally does it, but it'd doable by shaking the crap out of it. It may not be enough time to settle the crud thats going to be floating around in it, though. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back