Foamy Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumasoccer

Reaction score
Just got my keg refilled and the pressure is way too high and foamy..I tried turning the CO2 down to 10 and it's still foamy and still coming out way too fast..CO2 is off and I waited 4-5 hours before I tapped it help please

A little more info would be beneficial. Keg refilled? Commercial or your kegged brew ?
What set up do you have , length of lines , temp of your kegerator ect... Is this the first time you've had an issue like this ?

Sorry
Yes keg was just refilled
Kegbrew yes
Mini fridge with tap on top (Danby)
Line length roughly 10-11 feet
Not sure what the temp is the dial is at 3/4 on the coldest if that helps
1st this has happened as well
Ty for your help ahead of time..

IT takes a week or two to dissolve CO2 in, without shaking/rolling/rhumba/foxtrotting the keg.
A couple hours is not enough, under static conditions (non shaking) to un-dissolve.
Take all pressure off, warm keg overnight, remove pressure again, chill keg overnight and then hook up 10psi.

Or search for the instant method here on the forum, which is turning keg upside down and blowing CO2 in while draing out line into bucket. But that will stir all sediment up. THere's another thread somewhere about hitting the side of hte keg with a rubber mallet also.

Latest posts

Back