foaming question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanf76

Reaction score
i have brewed a american wheat and kegged it
i had it carbonated by forcing 30psi into keg and shaking it
the trouble i am having is when i put the beer in the glass i get about 1 1/2 to 2 inchs of head is that normal
my kegerator is set at 9psi and temp is around 40

I like a lot of carbonation. To make it more manageable, try turn the temp down or rinsing your glass before drawing a beer.

Tom

I'd turn the pressure down and release a good bit of the pressure that's in the keg. It very well may be overcarbed. Colder is generally better in my experience with overcarbed beers.

Did you pop the pressure release valve after you got it carbed? If not, turn off the co2 to your keg, pop the release valve until it dies down, then shoot your co2 to it again at your serving pressure. Also, the length of your beer line coming from the kegs to the tap makes a difference, if you haven't read some of the threads on that do a search for beer line length.

10 ft 3/16" line. 10-12 psi for CO2 pressure and rinsing the glass works great for the first pour. I always get a new glass or rinse the glass off again.

Back