Foaming of flat beer ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustinHickey

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Haven't posted in a while since of successful brewing but this one is new to me. I have a stout that I am pouring through a stout tap with nitro blend. I carbonated as I usually do for my stouts and hooked up as usual. Let it chill and applied 30 PSI to the keg. When I poured it two days later i got nuthing but foam. ... Figured I overcarbonated so I released all gas and let sit for a few days. I kept letting gas out as required. Kept trying it but still only foam. Its been sitting for two weeks now a serving temp and no pressure so the beer should be flat. Shake the keg. No pressure to release. However, when I reaply gas and try to serve i get nuthing but foam. How could this be? I checked the line and theres no foam so its starting somewhere in the tap (most likely atomizer plate) but how could this be if all of my other stouts always poured fine. I checked the plate and all 5 ports are clear. Is it possible I used too much flaked barley in this recipie? I don't have the recipie with me right now but could that be an issue? Ive even tried pouring at the regular 12 PSI through the tap but still nuthing but foam.

Anyone have an idea of what it might be?

THanks,
Dustin Hickey

Hook the keg up to a different disconnect (one that's attached to a normal tap) and see if you still get foam at 12 PSI. Then you can isolate it to your stout tap.

Latest posts

Back