FNG in Portland Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackenedBrew

Beer GOOOOD! Napster BAD!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Chuck. I'm not a brewer, but it does sound like a lot of fun. And if it means I can get stout more often I'd love to learn how!:rockin:

I don't really know what all to put in here, but I will gladly answer any questions that anyone has.

And if you're in the Portland Metro area and wouldn't mind giving me some pointers, please feel free to do so!

Happy Drinking. :mug:

Welcome to the forum! The biginners section has a bunch of stickies that are a good place to start learning. There are quite a few people around here from the PNW.

Cheers

WOP31 said:
Welcome to the forum! The biginners section has a bunch of stickies that are a good place to start learning. There are quite a few people around here from the PNW.

Cheers

Thank you very much!

Welcome I work in PDX but live in the sticks.

Another place to start reading www.howtobrew.com and then proceed to purchase "The complete joy of homebrewing".

After that you will have a great base of knowledge to start from and will most likely be hooked on brewing.

GaryA said:
Welcome I work in PDX but live in the sticks.

Another place to start reading www.howtobrew.com and then proceed to purchase "The complete joy of homebrewing".

After that you will have a great base of knowledge to start from and will most likely be hooked on brewing.
Canby isn't the sticks. I grew up in Wilsonville.

But thank you for the info.

Welcome from another resident of Beervana! Though I'm not currently a memeber check out the Oregon Brew Crew. The typically meet once a month at Steinbarts (SE 12th).

Kickin' it out here in Raleigh Hills, just west of town. TheGAC, welcome. There are many people here with a great deal of knowledge that can get you going quickly. My advice would be to go to your local homebrew shop and get a starter kit and dive in. Make sure and read the stickies in each section, and try to search for topics before creating new threads.

Don't forget to purchase a membership to this forum!

Both Canby and Wilsonville are 'the sticks'!:D

blacklab said:
Kickin' it out here in Raleigh Hills, just west of town. TheGAC, welcome. There are many people here with a great deal of knowledge that can get you going quickly. My advice would be to go to your local homebrew shop and get a starter kit and dive in. Make sure and read the stickies in each section, and try to search for topics before creating new threads.

Don't forget to purchase a membership to this forum!

Both Canby and Wilsonville are 'the sticks'!:D
LOL... grrrr

TheGAC said:
Canby isn't the sticks. I grew up in Wilsonville.

But thank you for the info.

I grew up in Wilsonville also, what years would you consider your growing up years? Perhaps we are old school friends.

As far as the sticks when you to Canby keep going, Im out by St Joseph's Winery so a little more in the sticks. :rockin:

No problem on the info, ask away and enjoy the site.

Kilted Brewer said:
Welcome from another resident of Beervana! Though I'm not currently a memeber check out the Oregon Brew Crew. The typically meet once a month at Steinbarts (SE 12th).

I am thinking about joining in January, the only meeting they have this month is their Xmas party and you can't be a guest gotta be a member. So I am going to check out a few meetings and see if I blend (mash?) or not. :ban:

GaryA said:
I grew up in Wilsonville also, what years would you consider your growing up years? Perhaps we are old school friends.

As far as the sticks when you to Canby keep going, Im out by St Joseph's Winery so a little more in the sticks. :rockin:

No problem on the info, ask away and enjoy the site.

I'm thinking we (my parents and I) moved to Wilsonville in 1989 +/-. I lived there from then till I went to bootcamp in 2002.

I went to West Linn HS my frosh year, then after that Wilsonville HS opened. I was in the second class to graduate from Wilsonville in 1998.

Ah you're just a youngster. I moved out of Wilsonville long before that headed to Alaska then down to Cali where I graduated in 89.

I still think of Wilsonville as the sticks because when I was growing up there we only had one school, one gas station, and one grocery store. The road Frys is on was put in and nothing was built on it for years, it was kinda the joke of the town at the time.

I remember all of that. The fields where Fry's is now. The Thriftway used to be where the bowling alley is. If I remember correctly, the area where the High School is was owned by my friend's grandparents. It was nothing but filbert orchards.

It's insane to see how much Wilsonville has changed in about 10-15 years.

Actually if I remember where the HS is correctly, don't get that way much, it was just a big open field. The road in front of it was a long straight stretch that was the local dragstrip of sorts.

I went to the middle school the first year it was open. Ahhh the memories.

Wilsonville has Fry's, so it's not the sticks. But sorry, Canby is out in BFE. Now if you'll excuse me, there's tweakers in my front lawn I have to chase off.

And welcome to the forum!

Back