FNG here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboygator

Reaction score
I have two brother inlaws who are big into beer brewing myself I'm going to try my hand at the cider and mead side of the fermentation carboy......

Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of info for cider and mead here, good luck and keep us all posted.

You'll find more mead making information on the Got Mead? forums and site.

One thing I will mention about making mead... 99% chance you'll get better results by NOT using "mead" yeast. Look at what Lalvin offers for premium wine yeasts and pick from that selection. Also, the Got Mead? site has a making calculator... It's generally a good way to formulate your must.

I have a question about useing swing top bottles and over carbing my cider(making bottle bombs) since the top is more of a presume seal and not clamped on will the swing tops release pressure or will the bottle pop.

The top will 'pop' and release without breaking the bottle. You'll heat it too. I had two bottles from a blonde ale I made do that on me. Back when I was bottling. :D

Back