Flow Through Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burgieburgie

Reaction score
Hi all.

I came across a old piece of equipment the other day and was interested how it might work in a homemade cooled fermentation system. I have limited understanding of the subject. Does this actually condense glycol/water mix? Or does it just assist in cooling the glycol mix. It has no operating controls aside from standard electrical plug and a on/off switch.

Brand: Polyscience
Model: KR60A

Polyscience.jpg

KR60A.jpg

A quick google search came up with this. I searched their site for the model number, but it didn't result in anything. You could contact them to see if they can provide more info, and maybe a manual.

Edit: I'm not sure if the model number you posted is correct. Looking at the top picture, it appears that there is a model/serial number tag on the lower left of the unit. Can you post those?

Yea absolutely. Actually I did contact the company and they sent me this manual. It is a more current model, but I am thinking it is similar. This is what the introduction says.

Flow Through Coolers extend the temperature range of non-refrigerated circulators to below ambient and boost the cooling capacity of refrigerated circulators. They also offer an economic alternative to the tap water cooling of heated circulating baths when rapid cool-downs or operation at or near ambient is needed.

I guess I am wondering if I would be able to use this alone with a temperature controller a pump and a glycol tank? Any help is appreciated.

Here is the picture of the tag.

model#.jpg

Latest posts

Back