Flite - Keg Level, Temperature, and Pressure Sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: On the Flite App, is there a way of changing the order in which the beers appear? I would like this to be in the same order as my taps, but it appears to be pre-sorted in order of when the controller was first registered/set up.

Paul

Another question. I had a CO2 tank run out and was expecting to get a notification when the CO2 pressure dropped below the limit I had set on the sensor config page. This was set to 5psi. I did not receive a notification and it occurred to me I had not set up any notification methods - text message, email etc.

How/where is that set up?

Paul

@LBussy @UncleD

And another question! I have one of my Flite sensors that was calibrated high and low and working for 2-3 weeks and all of a sudden I noticed that the keg went from full to empty. I looked into it and the header lost the 'low distance calibration number at 2:15am one morning. It was set up and calibrated for an empty corny keg at around 600mm and all of a sudden the controller lost that calibration number and now reads zero.

Why would that happen and is there a way of re-adding that calibration constant without actually re-calibrating? The keg is still full and I don't want to have to remove the lid.

Paul

Last edited:
Hey @Merkur sorry for the delay. Life has been really busy with kids and moving, so I really haven't been able to commit the time to this project.

Regarding your question about the CO2 pressure low, you should be able to adjust the "Low Pressure Alarm" setpoint (and make sure it's enabled) from the mobile app.

That's strange that the calibration factor was just "lost". There is no way to manually re-enter that value. You can however re-perform the "high" calibration at your current known level. So if you know what the level was at, you can just re-calibrate the high to that level and the calibration will interpolate between the existing low cal point and the new high cal point. You wont need to open the lid or anything for this.

I hope this gets you going!

Also a shout out to @LBussy for helping out while i've not been around HBT.

Hey @Merkur sorry for the delay. Life has been really busy with kids and moving, so I really haven't been able to commit the time to this project.

Regarding your question about the CO2 pressure low, you should be able to adjust the "Low Pressure Alarm" setpoint (and make sure it's enabled) from the mobile app.

That's strange that the calibration factor was just "lost". There is no way to manually re-enter that value. You can however re-perform the "high" calibration at your current known level. So if you know what the level was at, you can just re-calibrate the high to that level and the calibration will interpolate between the existing low cal point and the new high cal point. You wont need to open the lid or anything for this.

I hope this gets you going!

Also a shout out to @LBussy for helping out while i've not been around HBT.
Thanks @UncleD ! Regarding the low pressure alarm (and indeed all alarms), I have set the values but they are not coming through to my iPhone. I suspect that I need to go into Notiction settings on the phone and enable notifications from the Flite app.

All the best. Congrats on the new house - and kids!

One of my headless setups appears to not be working anymore. I can access the config with no issues but the volume isn't tracking anymore. When I try to recalibrate, the values just show as 0. I'm guessing something with the TOF sensor? Is there any hope a reflash will fix things? Not looking forward to trying to remove the epoxy from the lid and starting over.

Tried to reflash but still same issue. Just assumed something went bad with the sensor. Decided to take the lid apart and start over.

Wasn't as bad as I thought. Soaked lid in white vinegar for a few days. That didn't appear to do anything to the epoxy.

Then used a MAP torch for about 5-10 seconds over the epoxy till it started turning brown. Top layer of epoxy cracked really easily with a small flathead screwdriver. Was able to get the screwdriver under the sides and the whole piece split in two. Came out in two big chunks.

I've seen videos of epoxy just getting soft when heat applied so maybe the vinegar did something to cause it to become brittle when the heat was applied.

Just waiting on the parts to come so I can rebuild the lid.

I upgraded to a new Iphone 14, iOS 16.5.1, recently and my Flite app was not working. When I tried reinstalling the app I couldn't find it in the App store any longer. I hope all is well and the app is just being updated. Does anyone know if that's the case?

This is all easily done under Android, but I know nothing about the Apple/iOS/iPhone universe.

Can an iPhone user create an install kit from an already installed app, mail the kit to another iPhone user, so that person could install the same app?
Under Android one can easily create an .apk from an installed app and send it to someone to install ("side load") totally avoiding Play...

Cheers!

This is all easily done under Android, but I know nothing about the Apple/iOS/iPhone universe.

Can an iPhone user create an install kit from an already installed app, mail the kit to another iPhone user, so that person could install the same app?
Under Android one can easily create an .apk from an installed app and send it to someone to install ("side load") totally avoiding Play...

Cheers!
Let me reach out to @UncleD. I actually have a Mac app store account thanks to BrewFlasher and may be able to help here.

Hey guys, sorry again for delays in response. Unfortunately the MacOS I used to dev the iOS app is now too old for required development version for Apple app store. I couldn't justify buying a newer Mac just to support this. Ultimately, I would like to re-write the application as a web app (much like I did with Tiltbridge) to future-proof the support.

Like I mentioned before, having kids, new house, and increased workload at my job, I just can't commit the time to this project that I used to. If anyone would like the iOS or Android source code, and wants to take over managing the apps I would be happy to provide. This would get you 90% of the way there, but ultimately web app is probably the best way to go moving forward.

Here are some additional support links for the project:

3D Prints:
https://www.thingiverse.com/jedventures/designs
YouTube Support Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVszo2CUjzT2KD8-8S6sNKQ
Arduino Support:
https://github.com/DJMarlow/Flite_Arduino
Python/RPi Support:
https://github.com/DJMarlow/Flite_Python
REST API Support:

TapListIO Support:

BruControl Support:

@UncleD - You mind if I take a stab at it?
ALLLLLL the way up top at the beginning of the world's longest post, he said:

If anyone would like the iOS or Android source code, and wants to take over managing the apps I would be happy to provide.
I do like the idea of a web app, too. It would eliminate the issue of working with the Apple store people. Pretty sure he has a cloud data store, though - it's that lib I updated.

ALLLLLL the way up top at the beginning of the world's longest post, he said:

I do like the idea of a web app, too. It would eliminate the issue of working with the Apple store people. Pretty sure he has a cloud data store, though - it's that lib I updated.

I saw, but I also think I still have some non-public stuff from when @UncleD was helping me out with TiltBridge, so I’d rather ask then assume. I also happen to have iOS App Store access and Google Play Store access (and ended up taking @UncleD ‘s advice to make my app in Java) so I could potentially help maintain those, but that would require transferring the apps in the stores if we want them to auto-update on users’ devices.

Replacing the cloud is the easy part (I think). As you know, my latest experiment is all REST, and I think could be adapted to replace the functionality provided by Parse. Famous last words, of course.

Back