Flavor question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellfire

Reaction score
I am a complete noob, and I apologize in advance if this a silly question, but I don't think I can wait 4-6weeks to get the answer myself:)...just looking for some input.

Could anyone give me an idea of what this might taste like? Sound like anything you know or that I may be familiar with. This is a 5gal extract recipe:

6lbs Light malt Extract Syrup
1lb DME
.5lb Crystal 40L
3/4oz Bravo 60min
1oz Palisade 15min
1oz Fuggle 0min
1/4oz Bravo 0min
Wyeast: 1056 American Ale

This my 5th batch this year, and is the first time I have ever used these hops. Most of my recipes have called for Centennial, and/or Cascade, and I was looking to try something different.

What kind of DME?

Assuming light, I bet it'll taste like a clean Bravo IPA. :) I don't know of any commercial brews off the top of my head that use Bravo, but I don't claim to be an expert.

What kind of DME?

Assuming light, I bet it'll taste like a clean Bravo IPA. :) I don't know of any commercial brews off the top of my head that use Bravo, but I don't claim to be an expert.

I'm not sure about the DME, sorry. It was very light in color...I don't know if they all are. Thanks for the input though!

Latest posts

Back