Flat imperial stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firestorm159

Reaction score
I brewed a old rasputin clone and it's been in the bottle for a month and it's pretty much flat :( I've got alot invested in the batch including oak cubes and about 15 oz of bourbon. and alot of time. Is there any thing I can do? Can I open the bottles and maybe use prime dose caps or something?

Wait another month before opening a second one. High ABV brews can take a while to carbonate. Do you have the bottles stored above 70°?

Do you see a good amount of yeast settling to the bottom of the bottles? I recently bottled... well 2 wks ago. Weak carb so far, not seeing a lot of yeast settling. Thinking I shoulda used some yeast for priming. Never had that problem before. My OG was 1.075 & FG was 1.018 when bottled.

Wait another month before opening a second one. High ABV brews can take a while to carbonate.

+1. Give them more time. What were your time frames for fermentation? How long in primary, secondary, etc.?

give it time...I had a brew (10%) that took about 2.5 months to carbonate up. It finally did and did real good. I actually had a bottle bomb last week from that batch. I have released some pressure from all the bottles now.

give it time...I had a brew (10%) that took about 2.5 months to carbonate up. It finally did and did real good. I actually had a bottle bomb last week from that batch. I have released some pressure from all the bottles now.

That sounds like an infection of some sort.

Nope not infected at all...basement was a bit cool for about a month of the bottled time.

It was in primary for a month and sec for a month and its been in bottles for about a month. hopefully with a little more time it will carb.

Back