Flagpole

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightrider069

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I need some advice I want to put up a 30ft flagpole and I plan to use a 35ft 3in 083 wall slainless tube for the pole. Do you think it will be strong enough to hold up to the wind s in Wisconsin

I'm in Mi. and have a lot of wind at my place. I encased 12"x4' of concrete using one of those cardboard type cylinders from a box store. I set anchor bolts as my alum. pole had a base plate. That 4' has worked out just fine.

I assume you plan to bury the pole 5'? What type of soil do you have? What type of fabric on the flag? 30' offers quite a bit of leverage. Is your pole tapered? If so what's the diameter (at ground level). Is it possible to pour concrete around your pole? It'll certainly help in preventing your pole from working the soil around the pole and pitching it in the direction of the prevailing wind.

Make sure you figure out how to tie the flag rope so the attachments don't CLANG against the pole. My neighbor has a flag pole and during the summer when the windows are open it can be quite annoying.

Latest posts

Back