Fitting for pumping sanitizer/boiling water through my kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conpewter

Reaction score
Alright so I've had horrible infection issues in the past in my kegorator so I want to do slash and burn, we'll see if the keg can take the heat.

I have a male quick disconnect to hook up to my pump. I'm trying to find a way to go from 1/4" flare fittings on a keg disconnect to a 1/2" male pipe thread. Any thoughts?

You could start with one of these 1/4" FFL- 1/4" MPT adapters to connect your beer QD, then one of these 1/4" MPT - 1/2" FPT bushings, and finally a 1/2" FPT-FPT coupler...

Cheers!

You could start with one of these 1/4" FFL- 1/4" MPT adapters to connect your beer QD, then one of these 1/4" MPT - 1/2" FPT bushings, and finally a 1/2" FPT-FPT coupler...

Cheers!

Hmmm I think I could do that, but yikes.. pricey hmm... I'm wondering if I just need some 1/4" tube and flare it myself (have to find my flaring kit)

I didn't actually "shop" for the pieces, I just grabbed the first hits. You don't need stainless parts and someone must make the bushing in brass, and you could probably find all the pieces together somewhere cheaper.

Otherwise...are you looking to hook the keg up to a beer pump to do the cleaning? An alternative would be a cheap submersible...

Cheers!

True day tripper... not sure how well a submersable will hold up to boiling. Then again, not sure if my keg will hold up either :) Hmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back