Fist time kegging cloudy beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fogline

Reaction score
I kegged for the first time this morning it a american pale ale went from the fermenter right into keg beer is very cloudy but fermintation was complete final gravity was 1.010 . Should the beer clear up after a week or two like when you bottle and will you pick up alot of sediment with the liquid line being so close to the bottom of the keg?

I kegged for the first time this morning it a american pale ale went from the fermenter right into keg beer is very cloudy but fermintation was complete final gravity was 1.010 . Should the beer clear up after a week or two like when you bottle and will you pick up alot of sediment with the liquid line being so close to the bottom of the keg?

How long has it been in the keg? If it is yeast causing the cloudiness, it will settle and clear out while it sits in the cold. But, the cloudiness could be chill haze. Did you get chill haze in your past brews when you bottled? If not, it is likely that you just need to let the brew sit a few days in the fridge to settle out the yeasty dudes.

Could always throw in some gelatin. I do that to all my kegged beers now, its cheap insurance for clear beer.

thanks I will have to step up production to get a kegged supply on hand

Back