Fish flies; airborne for 45sec

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrouStang96

Reaction score
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io3u7diLCfU[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's amazing! I've heard of flying fish before, but never for so long. I wonder what freaked it out like that?

They fly away from the boat wake all the time when we head offshore. I've never timed one before, and while 45 seconds may be noteworthy, I'd say 25-35 seconds isn't anything out of the ordinary.

What's really fun is counting the number you can pull from the belly of a caught dolphin (the fish, not the mammal). I pulled four or five completely whole flying fish out of one last summer. :D

I think we should hunt that fish down and kill it. You know, for Science.

If by science you mean 'so that Kob can grill it with some garlic and fresh basil' I'm totally with you and my 'scientific facility' is fully prepared to participate in this study. Let's get a grant.

What's the big deal? I can SWIM underwater for much more longer than that! Stupid fish... :)

I can fly much longer than 45s as well... oh wait.. swim... yeah, i can do that too.

altho, I'd rather see these bad boys jumping out of the water... I'd take my chances shooting one of them for a meal:

tuna_flying_fish.jpg

If by science you mean 'so that Kob can grill it with some garlic and fresh basil' I'm totally with you and my 'scientific facility' is fully prepared to participate in this study. Let's get a grant.

I am sure we could get some money to see if it really does taste like Chicken :D

Latest posts

Back