First Timer from Austin, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun_ATX

Reaction score
Hello!!

I am planning to get my first brew underway on Monday!! Not sure what ale I will start with just yet.

Will be making a trip to Austin Home Brew here in......Austin to get a beer kit and an extract kit this week

I can't wait to get started.

Cheers,
Shaun

Hi, Shaun, and welcome from another new brewer in Austin with a similar name. I've got my second batch sitting in primary now, first batch still in bottles, but this site has been a great resource for me so far. This community really knows their stuff!

I live in South Austin so I haven't made it up to AHS yet ... you'll have to let me know how it is. :eek: I know, it's a crime. I keep telling myself, someday, someday ... maybe this weekend ...

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome to the boards from a fellow Austinite!

AHS is a great store, good prices and good people there too. I would recommend a trip there just to get a look around and talk to other brewers.

Shaun ATX,

Just got back from Austin Homebrew with my new kit today!!! Super excited and can't wait to get started. I was pretty set on doing a 100% extract when I went in and after talking to the great staff at Austin Homebrew, they talked me into trying a mini-mash of the West Coast Ale. I'm getting started first thing in the morning and hopefully in a about a month I can sample the fruits of my labor. Anyhow, welcome fellow Austinite and good luck!!!

Back