First time using Mini Kegs (a thank you)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iShadrak

Reaction score
I recently brewed a Rye IPA for a good friends going away party and decided that instead of bottling the entire batch, I'd use a couple of 5L mini kegs and bottle the rest in 22 oz bottles.

Between the forums here and some advice from my LHBS, I don't think it could have went any better. Big thanks to HomeBrewTalk.

First of all, the Rye IPA was my 4th batch ever and turned out awesome. Definitely my best yet.

Secondly, when I pulled the first keg out of the cooler last night and opened the air valve on top the resulting hiss of carbonation was a most satisfying moment.

Cold, keg conditioned beer and good friends. What else do we need?

What part of 'bama are you in and where did you get your mini kegs?

I'm in Birmingham and I would love to start doing this.

@Stagger: I'm just over the mountain in Homewood. I picked up the minikegs from Kim over at AlaBrew. His new location on Cahaba Valley is really convenient to my office over in Riverchase.

@HB99: For sure, I've seen you post in probably 100 different mini-keg threads. Probably the biggest reason I never had to post a question. Thx again.

@Stagger: I'm just over the mountain in Homewood. I picked up the minikegs from Kim over at AlaBrew. His new location on Cahaba Valley is really convenient to my office over in Riverchase.

@HB99: For sure, I've seen you post in probably 100 different mini-keg threads. Probably the biggest reason I never had to post a question. Thx again.

I've been to AlaBrew...that's where I met Kim and Dave...:D

I've also been to the Fox and Hound Pub...

Back