First time trading shipping questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superstorm204

Reaction score
Is it illegal to ship beer and wine or is it just frowned upon. Don't want trouble from the ATF

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

technically it is not allowed by anyone who does not have a license. but it obviously gets done (A LOT). You are better off using FedEx or UPS than USPS but don't tell them what's really in the box. A lot of people state that they are shipping live yeast samples if they are asked. I usually tell them it's a care package with local treats and they don;t even inquire beyond that.

Pack it well and tight and wrap everything in individual bags or at least line the inside of the box with a garbage bag, just in case anything does leak or break.

Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm going to do my first trade on Monday. Very excited

Sent from my XT907 using Home Brew mobile app

Tell them it's homemade BBQ sauces. Works every time. Bubble wrap te heck outa the bottles and bag em up. You will be fine. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back