First time ever keezer build, gas lines beer lines which lines, boy am I confused

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryMc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Laundry list from: Williams Brewing

DuoTight 8mm To Female Flare Keg Land Beer Ball Lock, Threaded KegLand Gas Ball Lock Fitting Threaded DuoTight 8mm Male to Female Elbow Nukatap 6" Duotight Stainless Shank Assembly
Z93 B12 B11 C23 P35

Keg Lube 6.5mm by 9.5mm EVABarrier Gas/Beer Tubing (39 foot roll) 4mm by 8mm EVABarrier Beer Tubing (39 Feet) DuoTight 9.5mm to Female Flare
D52 C61 Z91 C58
Duotight Tubing Cutter

Subtotal:$280.98

Keezer will have 4 Perlick Faucets 650SS Stainless Steel (With Flow Control) and probably a 5 lb CO2 cylinder because I want to fit everything inside. The wagon under it is a permanent fixture. The keezer will store in my shop and roll out to the patio when it's party time. I need to find a way to secure the tanks inside so they don't fall around in transport. If anyone has suggestions please don't hesitate. I'm going to pull the trigger on the order on the 27th. I figure most businesses won't be back from the holidays until then. I think my laundry list is complete but if I've missed anything let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• draon-keezer.jpg
    draon-keezer.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Welcome to HBT!

probably a 5 lb CO2 cylinder because I want to fit everything inside.
If you're only using the 5# tank for dispensing it may just be OK.

But if also used for keg purging etc., a 20# CO2 tank will last a lot longer, while refills or swaps will cost you a lot less per pound. You may be surprised that a 5# or 20# swap or refill may only be a few $ difference. Just hold/strap the tank along the side or back. An aluminum 20# tank (with handle) is still quite portable. A 50# steel tank, not so.

Whatever you decide, find a used tank on CL or so, because chances are you'll be swapping it out for a used tank on the very first fill round, unless you can find a place that fills your glossy, brand new tank while you wait, for a reasonable price. Definitely call around, well before you head out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply, I'm glad I found this forum. So should I buy aluminum or steel CO2 tank? I know I'll have to swap out at airgas. If I have an aluminum tank will they replace it with aluminum or is it a crap shoot,

Last edited:
I know I'll have to swap out at airgas. If I have an aluminum tank will they replace it with aluminum or is it a crap shoot,
Call and ask.
Usually the gas places will swap Al for Al, if they have them in the yard. If out of Al they'll try to pass a steel one onto you. Hard to get Al after that... Praxair tried that with me, so I went to a different branch. They had plenty of Al, got a good looking one, too.
Best to call ahead.

I prefer Al over steel, for portability, looks, and lower weight. I take one of my 20# to events, half empty is best for that, much lighter. ;)

Tank swaps are always a crap shoot at least with AirGas, ime. The best deal is to find someone selling a beater for cheap $$, take that down to your local AirGas fill depot (not an outlying retailer - best to go straight to the fill depot) and don't say anything about your tank.

You may swap a beater for a beater but at least you didn't pay a premium for the privilege. And if you care, it doesn't take much time to spray paint a gas cylinder...

Cheers!

camonick,
My reason for the 6.5mm by 9.5mm EVABarrier Gas/Beer Tubing is my fittings on the micromatic primary and secondary distribution regulators are 3/8 barb. I figured the extra interior size would make life easier when I have to force the tubing on. Swaging 4mm onto 3/8 doesn't seem all that fun to me. Also the 6.5 mm fits the 1/4 inch barbs leaving the secondary to the ball locks. If this is not necessary let me know. Thanks

Well the barbs could be changed out if 1/4 inch left handed threaded barbs were available. Just probably not worth the effort.

Do you have a link to the 4mm x 8mm EVABarrier tubing on William's site? I was going to add a roll to my order yesterday and could not find it. They have 5mm x 8mm, but with a resistance of 1 lb/ft, that means I'd need 12 ft or so per tap.

camonick,
My reason for the 6.5mm by 9.5mm EVABarrier Gas/Beer Tubing is my fittings on the micromatic primary and secondary distribution regulators are 3/8 barb. I figured the extra interior size would make life easier when I have to force the tubing on. Swaging 4mm onto 3/8 doesn't seem all that fun to me. Also the 6.5 mm fits the 1/4 inch barbs leaving the secondary to the ball locks. If this is not necessary let me know. Thanks
That does change/ complicate things. Like Bobby said, 1/4” MFL fittings should be supplied on all components and barbed fittings do kind of defeat the simplicity of using the barrier tubing and PTC fittings. Being on the gas side won’t be as big a deal since it’s not normally changed/ modified/ cleaned as often.

OK I got my keezer nearing completion and am getting ready to cut my lengths of 4mm evabarrier line for liquid. I bought 39 foot roll. It's easier to go long and shorten but I'd like to start off in the ballpark. 4 keg keezer, how long should each beer line be? TIA

Back