First time all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing1976

Reaction score
I just got brewzilla gen 4 and first time doing all grain. I just bought all rounder too. Look to pressurized fermenting. The brew I’m doing has me doing secondary but I won’t be doing that. They want me to add gridded spices with 4-7 days left. I was going to muslin bags and use sous vide magnets. But I’m afraid the spices will fall out the bag while its primary fermenting. How do add spices with doing pressurized fermenting?

Attachments

• 5110BF3C-5D9F-4CEA-892F-918888E30571.png
    5110BF3C-5D9F-4CEA-892F-918888E30571.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
You could add the "secondary" spices at flameout or close to the end of the boil. Or, if you want to add them to the fermenter without introducing air, maybe something like this (assuming it works with the All Rounder):

50132.png

https://www.morebeer.com/products/h...MIhp2ei8rn-gIVjY7ICh0HZwvZEAQYASABEgI81_D_BwE
I use something similar with conicals:
VZqlA7q.jpg

BTW, adding spices to the fermenter doesn't make is a secondary fermentation.

You could add the "secondary" spices at flameout or close to the end of the boil. Or, if you want to add them to the fermenter without introducing air, maybe something like this (assuming it works with the All Rounder):

50132.png

https://www.morebeer.com/products/h...MIhp2ei8rn-gIVjY7ICh0HZwvZEAQYASABEgI81_D_BwE
I use something similar with conicals:
VZqlA7q.jpg

BTW, adding spices to the fermenter doesn't make is a secondary fermentation.
I wasn’t to sure how to add spice into all rounder without introducing oxygen. I was just not going do pressure ferment after fermenting was complete.

I was just not going do pressure ferment after fermenting was complete.

What do you mean by that? You can't do a pressure fermentation after fermentation is complete, unless you add more fermentable sugars.

What do you mean by that? You can't do a pressure fermentation after fermentation is complete, unless you add more fermentable sugars.
The all rounder you can either do pressure fermentation or just do it like you would do it in bucket

The all rounder you can either do pressure fermentation or just do it like you would do it in bucket

Right. But what did you mean by "I was just not going do pressure ferment after fermenting was complete"?

Sorry meant I wasn’t going to pressure at all if I can just put the cap on with airlock

How do add spices with doing pressurized fermenting?
Are you kegging or bottling? You could add the spices into the keg. If bottling, it might be a bit tricky to get the spices evenly dissolved and distributed.

You could also add the spices right at flameout (right at the end of the boil) or add them into the fermenter when you transfer the chilled wort. If you are worried about sanitizing the spices, you could boil them for a second or dissolve them in some vodka.

Back