First Successful All-Grain Batch!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milholen

Reaction score
So I bottled my second attempt at all-grain brewing last night. I tasted the beer and it was by far the best beer that I've ever brewed! I mean it was really really good! I brewed a West Coast IPA clone. It's too soon to do a comparison but as far the taste after 2 weeks in the primary, it was great. I can't imagine how this will taste when it's not green.

One thing Ive noticed with all-grain is there seems to be more to the malt backbone. I mean it tastes more complex, fuller, and fresher. There just seems to be more to it.

Anyway just wanted to share my excitement in making a great all-grain batch!:)

Well congratulations! After a couple of batches you will get the hang of AG and move on to tweaking other aspects. It's a never-ending journey!

Good for you. Was this the clone recipe from "The Jamil Show"? I've brewed that one a few times and it's fantastic. If you drink it fresh it's even better then the commercial example. Fresher, brighter hop flavor. Don't age it, drink it fresh.

Latest posts

Back