First Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scilost

Reaction score
I am trying to make a label for the first beer that I made, I am going to call it First Triale, and every improvement will be second, third, fourth and so on. However that is not important, my question is, has anybody tried using the label paper from your respective homebrew store (with the set areas) or what does everyone use for paper. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

scilost said:
I am trying to make a label for the first beer that I made, I am going to call it First Triale, and every improvement will be second, third, fourth and so on. However that is not important, my question is, has anybody tried using the label paper from your respective homebrew store (with the set areas) or what does everyone use for paper. I am trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

I use that label paper that many homebrew shops sell. The paper works fine, and the labels are easily removed. Just note that you need to use a LASER printer (not a bubble jet). Bubble jet ink will smear and run as soon as you get it even a little wet (like... when trying to APPLY the labels.)

You might be able to spray some sort of sealer on the face of the labels before trying to apply them to the bottles if you only have access to a bubble jet printer.

-walker

Staples #SIW0140
3-1/3" x 4"
~$20 for 600 labels
Equal to Avery #5164
Jeff

I've been using regular printer paper, in different colors. I trim them and apply them to the bottle with an Elmer's glue stick. Works really well and they come off easily.

I use Avery labels and an inkjet printer. Yes, the ink does run off when the bottles get wet, but mine are not going to be soaking in cooler anyway. Plus, I want them to be able to come off easily for the next time I use the bottles.

Prop3 said:
I've been using regular printer paper, in different colors. I trim them and apply them to the bottle with an Elmer's glue stick. Works really well and they come off easily.

Ditto. the nice thing is that like you say, you can pick the color of the paper. sometimes your design needs a different colored background.

the HB store labels work fine with an ink jet printer. Personally, I've found labels to be a bit more trouble than they are worth bc invariably, you get a few labels that don't want to come off come cleaning/sanitizing time.
I reserve labels for special occasions and gifts

Back