First Experience with Austin Homebrew - Big Thumbs Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taypo

Reaction score
Made a small order Monday night for our Spiced Holiday ale batch, had it in our hands on Thursday afternoon. Everything was well packed (vacuum sealed hops in a second vacuum sealed bag with the yeast) and as ordered. Brewing this weekend instead of next. Thanks guys!

(Rant On) It annoys me to no end that so many people with scream bloody murder when customer service fails, but very few will discuss a positive experience (Rant off).

:mug:

I am a brand new brewer and wrote about my first trip to AHS on my blog
http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/2011/09/beginning-home-brewing.html

The guys were very busy on my second trip, but just as helpful when it came around to my turn. I am headed back this weekend to purchase another mini mash kit and a few more supplies. I just hate waiting to try what I have brewed ET :mug:

IMG_2631z.jpg

(Rant On) It annoys me to no end that so many people with scream bloody murder when customer service fails, but very few will discuss a positive experience (Rant off).

:mug:

That's why customer service is so important. A happy customer will tell one person, an angry customer will tell one hundred.

Oh so true how people only get vocal when upset! I used to work retail when I was younger and made so many customers happy that they would only come to me on each visit. But the boss only heard the complaint side so getting tired of it I would tell people if they are that happy to please let my boss know. Well it worked, got a lot of good in there.

Now I purposely go out of my way to tell bosses, managers, other people, etc just how helpful or great a person, Rep, or company has been.

Rev.

Yup. I'm trying to buy local (the prices are basically a wash when I factor in shipping) but AHS is my go-to online store. Northern Brewer at #2, they carry a couple of things AHS doesn't.

AHS gave me another bottle of yeast after the first failed to ferment my starter, in hindsight it was probably my fault! No questions asked free O' charge. They also have great shipping and sell grains in ounces not just pounds. +1 on NB having a few more things than AHS but all in all. Also love their motto "brew your own damn beer".

yeee haaaa i ordered sunday and got my package of 5 sessions. cant wait, gonna try and brew two tomarrow as well as finish making my wort chiller

Back