First Ever Brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kooklife

Reaction score
today I'm going to start my first brew. I have brewers best brewing kit and a 20qt stainless steel pot. I will be using ozarka bottled water and have sanitized everything properly. Is their anything in particular that I should have on hand that I haven't listed?

A long,non wooden spoon,some hop sacks,& a fine mesh strainer. A thermometer & hydrometer would help a lot too.

I assume you also have a fermenter with airlock.

Thermometer is always good, hydrometer is a must as it usually answers the questions a beginner has (is it fermenting, is it done fermenting).

I would suggest a bottling wand, cheap and every brew shop should have one, makes bottling a load easier and reduces the chance of oxidation.

Spoon, some kind of sanitizer safe for food, hydrometer, thermometer, a cold beer and probably the most important thing...patience.

A second kit and bucket to get another batch going while you force yourself to wait for the first batch.

A pipeline is good. :mug:

Back