first drink of first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imprez25

Reaction score
WOW!

That's all. WOW. Worth the wait! :rockin: only a few days in bottle and it tastes wonderful...

WOW!

That's all. WOW. Worth the wait! :rockin: only a few days in bottle and it tastes wonderful...

No it doesn't. Trust me. You think it tastes wonderful? Give it a few more weeks and try another bottle. If you think it's good now, this ain't NUTHIN my friend. :D

And then it's better a couple weeks after that.

Yeah it was good. A little "green" tasting, but that is to be expected after only being in the bottle for 5 nights. The kit was a Brewer's Best American Style Micro Pale Ale. Brewed on 5-5-09, bottled on 5-26-09. Basically just checking to see if it was carbing up. I'll give it a few more weeks before I start to really get into it. :)

It's a good sign when it's tasty after 5 days in bottles. Now try to keep your paws off of it for a couple more weeks and brew more.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Brew more. AND more. AND more. AND........ nEVER sTOP...... oR yOU'LL cRINGE. bREW. nOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad your beer tastes good. nOW lEAVE iT aLONE, bECAUSE yOU hAVN'T bREWED mORE. gOOD lUCK aND gOD sPEED!!!:rockin:

I have a carboy dedicated to rotating Apfelwein. It keeps me from bottling and drinking the good stuff to early.:D

Congratulations man, have another!

No it doesn't. Trust me. You think it tastes wonderful? Give it a few more weeks and try another bottle. If you think it's good now, this ain't NUTHIN my friend. :D

And then it's better a couple weeks after that.

+1

I've had brew in the bottle now for a month (gotta be a record, haha!) and I still just cannot believe how much better it's getting. As the hops back off (of an Amberish Ale) the malt starts to come forward, the honey I used really becomes pronounced, and the carbonation is absolutely wonderful.

It's a good feeling!

Glad your first came out so well. Like everyone is saying start a new one soon, cause you will be drinking them up fast.... I am about to start a Barley wine and I can't wait to open it up on Valentines Day with the wife.

Basically just checking to see if it was carbing up.

Right, sure you were:D

I started opening bottles of my first all-grain batch after about a week in the bottle (you know, just making sure it was carbing up;)), and it was...OK. But after three weeks it magically went from...meh...to
"HOLY CRAP THIS IS THE GREATEST BEER EVER!!!!".

Patience young grasshopper, patience:mug:

Yeah, so I had two of them last night and I have one more in the fridge. I typically only drink beer on the weekends, so I will do my best to stay away until at least next weekend. :) I plan to brew up a hefe this Wednesday night.

Okay, so my first batch has been in bottles now for a month, and I'm on my last three. :( However, this has given me a first hand look at exactly how the beer has changed over the course of the month. Let me say WOW, what a difference. It was good just a few days in but now, it's amazing! Good balance, strong hop finish with a big malt bite. I want to brew this again, just to let it sit and age for a while. Sad I only have a few left over. :( But I do have a open fermentor.

We won't say "I told ya so". Ok... I won't, but someone probably will.

What you have learned here, Grasshopper, is the value of the Pipeline. You should've had two more batches done by now at least! Get brewing and the more you have, the longer you can let it sit. Sprinkle in some micros from the beer store and your stuff will last even longer!

Ha, yeah, I have two other batches brewed. One is almost ready to drink (actually I have about 6 of them down now. :) ) and the other is clearing and aging for the next 3 weeks. I have an open fermentor now, so I think I will start looking at batch number 4 in the next week or so.

Back