First Brew (with my son)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greydog

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering how many of you brew with your kids.
I am going to visit my son this weekend and we are planning his first ever brew session (extract).
For me, this is pretty damned exciting. I'm no expert by a long shot but, spending the time with him showing him the little I know, should be a hoot!
Any advice for a new brew parent?
Greydog

I brew regularly with my son (22) and future son-n-law (23) and it is a hoot. Make sure they are involved and hands on. I have turned these boys into real card carrying beer snobs.
Just have fun and tell us how it goes.

...and no the future son-n-law will marry my daughter.

Years ago my step son helped me brew a couple of batches. It wasn't something that he wanted to pursue on his own.

I will give the advice of a son who's Dad got him into brewing. Actually I bought a kit for my Dad 12 years ago when I was in college. I brewed with my Dad and brother and we had great times trying new beers and brewing. Just make it happen as often as you guys can get together! That is my only advice. To this day, I brew a good amount. Once in a few batches my Dad comes over and helps with the batch and we drink a few and watch the pot boil.
Have fun!

I started brewing with my dad over 45 years ago and have now brewed with all my kids. My son, now 23 swore he would never brew once he left home. He now is working on his second batch all by himself. Enjoy your time together, I would guess that you will never again run ou of things to talk about!

I brew with my son every weekend..he still lives at home since he's only 4. He loves it! "Helps" me weigh everything out, crush he grains, and he loves throwing the hops in! I really wish my dad drank beer so he could be involved. He was over one time when I brewed just to check everything out, but it wasn't the same.
tom

Latest posts

Back