First Brew update!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robange

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Its been 1 week since brew day. I brewed a red ale. So far all is looking good. My OG reading was 1044. Yesterday I checked the gravity and it read 1016. Today I checked and it was still dropping 1009. According to Nottingham it looks like my target is 1008. I will check again in the morning. Here is a pic t see the color:

RedAleSG1009.jpg

Nice, I always seem to have a hard time getting the right SRM for styles. How many days fermenting has it been? Oh sorry just read you said 1 week... I would give it 3 more days. Are you going to condition in the primary though or in keg's/ bottles /secondary?

I brewed this last Friday. As far the SRM goes, I am very happy with the way its turning out. I am waiting on the UPS guy to deliver my kegs. As soon as they get here and my gravity stops dropping I will transfer. When I tasted the sample today it had great almondy, nutty aftertaste to it. I am very excited to drink it, I just need to be patient. I will be brewing my first all grain batch in the morning (Blue Moon clone), which I will post questions about alter today.

Latest posts

Back