first brew is fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is awsome. cant wait to bottle.

Do yourself a favor and don't rush it. I know it sucks waiting even two weeks for your first batch, but leaving it in primary for 4 weeks, then another 2-3 in bottles will do sooo much more for your beer.

I agree with the 4 week primary.Although most my beers i do 3. I did an ipa and stout and have noticed how much better they tasted because i did them 4 weeks. I mean i checked them early(1 week-2) after priming and they tasted incredible compared to the others that i felt were just ok so far.Expect 6 weeks before they start tasting really good. In the mean time make more and try some new beers/stlyles.
learn from your mistakes early. use the search thread and find out what you can do to make it better.Unfortunatley a kit is not going to tell you how to do everything that will make the best tasting beer.

+1 to avid, and sutherns comments... Establishing a pipeline early will help you develop that much sought after beer gut ( chicks dig them, don't let them fool you)

Back