First brew in the fermentor!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkyMark80

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got around to brewing up my first batch and its sitting in the fermentor right now. Quick question, I did a full boil but I think because of being outside I wound up with a ton of evaporation. I wound up with about 4.5 gals, maybe a little less. The fermentation took off quickly and has settled down to a bubble every 3 seconds or so after 2 days. I'm just wondering if I should be wary of anything.

Overall the process was much easier than expected and I'm already waiting to brew my 2nd batch once I can get this current one into bottles. I plan on letting it sit for 3 weeks in the primary before bottling.

Yo! It's about that time
To bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme
I'm a get mine so get yours
I wanna see wort comin' out your pores

Welcome Marky Mark. (sorry, had to be done :D)

Ha, thanks guys. I've dying to do this and finally said screw it and did it on Wednesday when we had the snow storm up here and I had a lot of time to kill. I think if I can move the process inside it will be much quicker as I wont be battling 20 degrees outside since I'm sure that effected how long it took for everything to boil.

Back