First brew, first post, from Osaka

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogri

Reaction score
Hello there everyone.:mug:

Displaced Scotsman in Japan. Bitten by the bug. Stumbled across the Mr. Beer stuff on Amazon and, much to my surprise, able to get it shipped here. Started my first batch last Thursday evening, 8th Sept. Already ordered a bunch of other HMEs, UMEs, hops, yeasts, fermentation bucket. etc. etc:ban:

First batch is the Englishman's nut brown ale, half pack of booster, 1lb of Morgan's caramalt (amber) with 11.5gr fermentis safale s-04.

Temps have been pretty hot here this last week though. Fermenter in a small water bath, inside a filing cabinet, in the garage. Seems to be holding steady at 26-27 degrees centigrade for the most part.

Planned on two weeks fermentation, two weeks warm conditioning then two weeks and onwards of lagering. Whether it'll make it to two weeks of lagering, or not, is definitely questionable.:tank:
Can't wait to get another batch started, hopefully this weekend if a couple of bits of equipment arrive. Probably Sticky wicket oatmeal stout.
Pretty amazing how quickly the fascination, obsession and addiction has set in.:fro:

Will make sure I do a proper search before asking any dumb questions.

Back