First Bottling Today (question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellaruche

Reaction score
Curious. Bottling 50+ brews is a little time consuming. Is it necessary to cap each bottle immediately after filling? In other words, do I fill all 50 then cap them? Or fill, cap, fill, cap? Oxygen being the enemy is the reason for my question. Thanks for any response.

You want to let them sit a bit, so that co2 will push oxygen out of the top of the bottle. What I do is fill 1 case worth, and lay a cap on each, then when I reach bottle 24 I stand up and cap them starting with the first. That give plenty of time to void out the bottles.

I go into more deatil about my process, along with a ton of tips in this thread, Bottling Tips for the Homebrewer.

+1 to what Revvy said. I don't usually worry about capping until I'm all said and done (40+ bottles) and have never had a problem. Never hurts to be careful like Revvy though.

same here...just make sure you don't bump into them and dump beer everywhere!!!

Glad I found this thread and the one you wrote up previously Revvy. While I have my own system to bottling, adding the dip tube is a new one for me. I will have to try that next time.

I gave a thumbs up to that post...Thanks!

Back