First bottling session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my first bottling. It took me just under 2 hours, but it could have gone a lot quicker had I been more prepared

EDIT: 5 gallon batch

Give or take an hour seems to be about right.
can get it done in about 30 if you have someone helping you. One to fill, one to cap.

I get mine done in about 45 minutes, that includes sanitization, but doesn't include post bottling cleanup.

If you work on, what I call "pimping your process" until it works for you, you can get your bottling done effortlessly and in very little time.

It doesn't have to be a chore, it just takes figuring out what works for you, in a comfortable way that made up of economy of motion and economy of time.

I provide tricks and ideas, as do other brewers, to streamlining the process here;

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/bottling-tips-homebrewer-94812/

I could have cut 30 min off my 2hrs last night, but I had a new auto siphon that wouldn't...so I went back to the racking cane.

I just give it a whole evening because I also will do 100% of the cleaning up afterward too. Definitely time for a couple of cold ones during the process.

Thanks for the link to the "Tips for bottling" sticky Revvy! I am so going to try that set up (last time I helped a friend bottle, wonderful experience by the way, I about killed my back using the the bottling wand at near floor level).

Not too bad, under two hours from soup to nuts. One question for the vets, I have some sediment in the tip of the bottling wand, any tips on getting it out? Does the wand come apart? Thanks again.

I put some sanitizer in rubermaid or a bowl, and then put in the wand and press release press release, etc.

Not too bad, under two hours from soup to nuts. One question for the vets, I have some sediment in the tip of the bottling wand, any tips on getting it out? Does the wand come apart? Thanks again.

Every wand I've owned has come apart. carefully pull off the plasic end, and inside is a spring and a little black plastic nipple. Usually the gunk gets into the coils of the spring/

859-LRG.jpg

Be careful not to drop either part down the garbage disposal.

Latest posts

Back