first bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freflyr

Reaction score
first time bottling today...and...well....at least i realized that I had forgot to prime my beer after only 4 bottles...but my capper was not included with my first equipment order...so I got it later and left in wife's car...she will not be home for a while so beer will sit with caps resting on beer for 3.5 hours after bottleing...I don't think it is worth the trip to the store to buy another capper and save 1.5 hours...I think I am ok...opinions? FWIW...tastes pretty good so far!!!!!

You'll probably be OK. Maybe some oxidation. Whether or not you get an infection depends a lot on the air quality and air flow where you bottled and are storing the bottles.

Actually, little balloons or even unlubed condoms, or the fingers off surgical gloves would even be better. Put those over everything, then when she gets home try to cap those with the rubber still on them.

haha..love it.....I put them all together and books on top...we'll see how that works...I have another batch to do when she gets home...I would love to see her face with 55 condom covered bottles...at least she probably never steal any from me!!

Back