First BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DogboyBrew

Reaction score
Just turned the flame on to start heating up my water. This is my first step into the wonderful world of all grain so I figured I'd share. I'm brewing the NB Jake's CDA recipe. No issues so far, I will keep you updated(for all of those interested) on how it goes. To infinity and beyond.

Mash timer started, Really glad I ended up going with the larger bag opening. note to self: buy bungee cord.

Now for pics.
10 Gal Kettle Heating
az6ng8.jpg

Mashing in
mjvhxs.jpg

Covered and waiting
spf66t.jpg

I wrapped my kettle in a towel and that big jacket. Didn't lose a single degree over 60 minutes.

A burner will absolutely be the next investment..this electric stove does not cut it.

I thought everyone in South Louisiana had at least two burners for crawfish cookin.... :)

You're right about that one! I've moved a few times over the past year, and apartment complexes aren't too keen on people using propane burners:beard:

I live in south Louisiana, if that happens brewing will be the least of my worries haha

Where at? I just moved down here in July. My apt complex is cool with propane burners (... well I can hide it without them seeing it ;) )

Where at? I just moved down here in July. My apt complex is cool with propane burners (... well I can hide it without them seeing it ;) )

Lafayette. I think I can get away with it, I'm gonna give it a try on my next one. There's no way I'm waiting on that electric stove anymore.

Back