First BIAB brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruckin78

Reaction score
This was my first "BIAB" All-grain batch. Everything went expected, My brew house effeminacy came out to 86%...I was shocked. My Pre-Boil gravity was 1.050 and post boil, I was at 1.053. Using a 10lb grain bill 2 Row and Wheat for a Hefeweizen.

Enjoy the pics.

Pre-Heating the mash bag.
DSCF2393.jpg

Washing some Cali. Ale Yeast.
DSCF2395.jpg

My Fermentation Chamber.
DSCF2396.jpg

My brew rig, Blichmann Burner, Converted Keg, 42qt basket.
DSCF2400.jpg

The Lounge
DSCF2397.jpg

Mashing Away.
DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

Grains draining.
DSCF2403.jpg

Boil starting, First Hop addition.
DSCF2405.jpg

The Brewmaster at Excessive HoppYness Brewing [me] with a Gloria Cubana Serie N
DSCF2407.jpg

It was a great day!! CHEERS!

Took some Angle grinding, but I got it in there!

Coming to the club brew Richard? I believe we are shooting for the 25th but I dont have anything in stone from Adam yet....

Took some Angle grinding, but I got it in there!

Coming to the club brew Richard? I believe we are shooting for the 25th but I dont have anything in stone from Adam yet....

I'm gonna miss the club brew if it's the 25th, I'll be in Nassau. :fro:

Great to hear - I'm just getting set up for my first BIAB in the next few weeks. And... I love the Molson maple leaf!

B

How do you like the Blichmann burner and keggle combo? I've got the keggle and seriously considering the burner.

How solid is it? Did the keg wobble? Any issues with the height with the legs?

How do you like the Blichmann burner and keggle combo? I've got the keggle and seriously considering the burner.

How solid is it? Did the keg wobble? Any issues with the height with the legs?

The Blichmann I will have to say is by far my best investment for homebrewing hands down. It is solid as a rock, and damn near silent. It took 7.5 gallons of water from 68* - 160* in 15 minutes. Then 152-170 in 7 minutes. and 170- boil in 18 minutes. My old burner, took over an hour to get 7 gallons to boil. I also uses way less gas then the standard burner. Did I mention it's solid as rock? The thing weighs like 40lbs and 100% stainless steel (except for the burner element.)

It was the best $200 I've spent on this hobby....I did a all grain BIAB from start to finish (everything was clean, and I had a buzz) in just a bit over 4 hours. I believe we could have got it down more if we hustled but we just took our time and enjoyed the Saturday...Let me know if you want more info on the Blichmann or send me a PM with more questions if you have them.

my wife said nice *cough cough* water pipe *cough cough* in the lounge

I smoke cigars, my wife enjoys Hooka....see it's sitting next to my humidor on the table.

Back