first beer competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worpion

Reaction score
Great Feed back from one of the judges in my first competition Hi Hal. I had the pleasure of tasting your beer as part of the flight I was assigned. I very much enjoyed drinking my sample. Your beer had no major flaws. Clean flavor, good carbonation, good bottle fill. You narrowly missed placing in our top 3 which would have moved you on to the final round. The only thing that hurt your overall placing was that both the other judge and I on this flight both thought the beer had just a little too much raisin flavor. So if you are using special b or another high caramel malt I would dial this back just a hair. This will allow the other malt flavors to shine more and it will also allow the yeast flavors to come through a bit more. If you want to keep the body as full as it was you could replace this with a touch of mid caramel malt or even a carafoam or carapils. But overall this was a solid beer just not as good as a few of the others we sampled. It was very close to placing and I would have no problem kicking back a few bottles of these! If you have any other questions, let us know. Great Feed back from one of the judges in my first competition

Congrats! You got very luck here, sometimes you don't get much feedback at all. I entered my RiS this spring and got an incredible score but very minimal feedback. It's hard to improve the beer without feedback.

Post the score/recipe if you enter it again.

he knew my name because when you enter your beer they must have labels identifying your name,beer name,and what type of beer

Back