first batch....rookie mistake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuiceyJay

Reaction score
So I bought myself a "small batch home brew" kit because I only have enough room/money for a small kit.

Anyways, I was very good about sanitizing EVERYTHING when brewing, but when I went to dry hop the beer I forgot to sanitize the hop net before throwing it in the fermenter!
is there ANY way that the beer will even be drinkable, or is it ruined? It still has another week left to ferment
I Hope its still drinkable.:(

It will most likely be fine. Relax.

If you look around you will see threads where dogs have had a drink of the wort, people have fished watches out with their bare hands and dozens of other screw ups. In just about every case, the beer turned out fine.

If you dry hopprd after fermentation is complete the alcohol will help protect the beer. Don't worry about it.

If you dry hopprd after fermentation is complete the alcohol will help protect the beer. Don't worry about it.

Well the recipe called for 7 days fermenting than dry hop, and leave it for 7 more days. But I let ferment 9 days before dry hopping last night. Now I'll let it sit another week before bottling.

Latest posts

Back