first batch question,changing taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyguns

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch an american wheat and it came out great, a high abv 6.5 , it was a nice shade of dark brown, nice and clear. Needless to say I was very proud, I had about 8 over the weekend and loved all of them my better half had a few and she loved them as well, so today I grabbed one out of the fridge and poured her in a glass and it was a lot darker looking then normal and had a much more bitter taste and had almost an alcohol sting to it if that makes sense. The taste is not off putting I would still drink it but I wonder if it could of been the bottom of the barrel or should the whole batch be relatively the same? I know from reading that the beer can take on a different taste while it sits I just wonder the reasoning behind this and what to expect in the future.

How did you bottle it? Did you use a bottling bucket? Also, how long was it in the fermenter before you bottled?

I did use a bottling bucket and a bottle filler. I had it in the primary for a week and a half and my secondary for a little over 2 weeks. After bottling I let settle for a little over 2 weeks in my back room which sits at a steady 68 degrees.

Latest posts

Back