First Batch Is In!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbad

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help and taking the time to post such great information on this site. Could not have gone without it!

When should I expect to see fermentation really start to kick up? Also, since I'm using a bucket as my primary, I can't really see what is going on inside. I would really like to take a peek inside for both personal curiosity and potentially just for the experience of what it looks like at the beginning stages. Would you guys recommend just forgetting about it and leaving it alone or would it be ok to take the lid off for a second for a quick look at whats going on.

Thanks again! I'll probably have a ton of additional questions when I go to bottle it in 2-3 weeks.

:mug:

Once you get significant airlock activity - which could take 6 to 24 hours depending on many factors - the beer will have a heavy CO2 blanket over it. Popping the lid for a quick look won't hurt, just don't drop anything into the beer! :D

Back