First batch ever--no head--please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoprookie

Reaction score
Thought I followed directions pretty well. Think it may be a yeast problem--fementation was totally done after about 5 days. I transferred from primary fermenting bucket into carboy after one week--no action whatsoever in the carboy. Just bottled last week and bottles have no carbination at all. Flat as my first girlfriend. Any suggestions?

There shouldn't be any activity in the carboy. It was done fermenting. Did you add priming sugar when you bottled? If you did it should be carbed in three weeks if you let it sit at 70 degrees.

Yeah I didn't get a head on my first beer either. You have to wait for it carb up. Also make sure you're rinsing your glasses very well, soap residue kills head. But mostly let it carb for two weeks, and sit in the fridge for a few days (2-3)

You need time and temperature to carb (+ priming sugar).

2 weeks at 70 F should do it. Longer if it is cooler. Depending on the yeast, it may not carb until above a certain temperature (60 for some, but 65 for others).

Latest posts

Back