First Batch easy answer help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpainter09

Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought all my beer brewing equipment and have started my first batch. I did not have a big enough brew pot to do the full 2.5 gallons required for the 5 gallon kit so i did my math and broke it down into only a 1.25 gallon batch. 2 days later i picked up the necessary pot to do the rest of the batch along with another fermentation bucket and airlock. My Question is would it be ok to open the first 1.25 gallon brew(only been fermenting to 2 days) and add it to the rest of the brew in the other fermentation bucket ( which was just sealed 5 hours ago)? all advice is welcome. Thank you.

I'd inspect the 1st batch to see how far along it is. If it hasn't reached high krausen, I'd toss the 2nd batch in.

Others would know more on this than me, but I'm not sure if do it. It might be fine, but I'd probably be inclined to let them both finish, then rack both into the same bottling bucket when it came time for that.

I did decide to add batch 1 to batch 2 that day, In about 3-4 weeks I will let you know how it turned out.

Hey guys, figured id let you know that the beer (an American Lite) turned out great, a lot better than i would have expected. Got an English Pale Ale in the fermenter right now.

Back