First attempt!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulty82

Reaction score
Well I made a coopers real ale kit with basic brewing sugar, it was fermented for 6 days and then bottled using one carbonation drop per 500ml bottle. I've had them in bottles for 7 days but patience got the better of me and I popped one in the fridge for 24hrs ( I know it should be 48 ) .... And this is the result a great head that lasted all the way down and laces the glass well and I found just the right carbonation for an ale, it did taste still slightly "home brewy" but overall very pleased with the taste. Hopefully it will continue to develop tastewise and I look forward to the 39 bottles remaining in a few weeks time :)

image.jpg

That's a thing of beauty, even on its side. :D
So you left it fermenting only 6 days? You should really try a bottle after it's conditioned for a few weeks. See if you can detect different tastes.

I'm excited for you, it's always awesome to see your first brew in a glass. I do have one question, when you say "home brewy" taste, what are you referring to? Maybe it's hard to explain, but I do wonder.

Nice lookin' beer...that Home Brewy taste is usually a result of uncontrolled ferm temps...you'll get the hang of it...congrats.

Nice lookin' beer...that Home Brewy taste is usually a result of uncontrolled ferm temps...you'll get the hang of it...congrats.

Are you talking about off flavors in general? So an amber doesn't taste like an amber or something like that?

I can't explain it really bit I remember trying a home brew many years ago and it was disgusting, very strong very sour and tangy , I get a slight twang after a mouthful but it is very faint and should subside with age. I know I need to leave it a good few weeks but I was just too god damn excited to try my first brew haha

Latest posts

Back