First attempt at label for Mild Ale beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfr1111

Reaction score
I looked around for a cheap program to use and found Inkscape. I used to be decent at Photoshop (back when it was photoshop 5 or 6 or something) but I don't have it anymore, so I decided to go with a simplistic label. I'm going to print it on just a few bottles anyway, one for my collection and a few when I get the brew out of the house. I will use thick yellow letter paper with a nice grain to it.

I might have one of my friend who scrapbooks do a little "motif" all around the label, so this is why I didn't use any borders.

16gwpq0.png

The backgroudn image is from an illustrated version of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. First went for Canterbury's Mild, but it was too long/cumbersome. I'll probably put the vital stats (batch # and date, on a white sticker on the cap): tried to fit the info into the picture but there was already too much going on.

More conventional labels. The fun thing about the design is that if I have a new beer, it takes about 30 seconds to change the colors and text. I like a minimalist approach to labels.

ff4t9l.png

1zfh5he.png

n71p9i.png

I really dig the first one. It'd be really cool with a burnt effect around the edges of the label.

Back