First all grain does mashing schedule Seem right??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
Beer smith says to mash in at 14.4 quarts at 158.8 degrees for 60 min with a set temp of 150 degrees

Then it says mash out at 7qts of water at 208.5 with set temp of 168 degrees for 10 min

Then it says to fly sparge with 3.14 gals of water at 168 degrees

Does this seem right?

Sort of confused on the Nash out step?

Any help is great thanks

Beersmith has lots of different MASH settings. Why not choose say a Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
It's pretty simple, mash at required temp and then sparge at required temp with required water.
Slainte

greenhaze said:
Beersmith has lots of different MASH settings. Why not choose say a Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge
It's pretty simple, mash at required temp and then sparge at required temp with required water.
Slainte

I put a single infusion light body....should I change that? It's a blonde by biermuncher

salb29 said:
I put a single infusion light body....should I change that? It's a blonde by biermuncher

Single infusion light body means it will tell you to mash at a lower temp which translates to a more fermentable wort which may mean a lighter body, drier finishing beer. For a blonde that would be a good. Profile but if you want a little more body then go with the medium body setting. IMO full body would be a little too much.

None are wrong, it just depends on how you like your beer:)

Latest posts

Back