Finding the Stuff to Keg, Locally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulixes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out if I can get soda kegs locally, do you have any suggestions on places to check out? The closet homebrewing store isn't the best, but is there some known source of used soda kegs? I'm thinking about checking out a local Food & Beverage supply store, but I don't have high hopes for finding anything useful. Aside from that, what about co2 regulators, a canister, and hoses?

Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out if I can get soda kegs locally, do you have any suggestions on places to check out? The closet homebrewing store isn't the best, but is there some known source of used soda kegs? I'm thinking about checking out a local Food & Beverage supply store, but I don't have high hopes for finding anything useful. Aside from that, what about co2 regulators, a canister, and hoses?

Thanks!

Craigslist can be used for the kegs or homebrew shops.

For co2 regulators, you can try places that fill tanks...like welding places...but I think it would be better to order those online if you hate your LHBS. Same with the canister and hoses.

I did some comparison shopping and just ordered my co2 tanks online.

Hi Ulixes,
My local guy here is not the greatest, but as previous poster said you can do fine on-line. There are many to choose from.

Just bought a carbonating setup last week from Keg Connection in San Marcos, TX -- I know, too far for you to drive but they're about 40 miles away for me. I went in person because I had a LOT of questions, and the guy in charge took his time with me, got all the hoses, adapters, fittings, tank, regulator, faucet, o-rings, etc. that I needed. I'm sure they can help by phone just as well.
They are cheap on shipping too. Used / refurbished, and new kegs.
Not a fancy store, so low overhead I guess. Great website, too.

a setup like this for instance:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=325

Love the 3-gallon new kegs.

disclaimer: just a satisfied customer of theirs!

Thanks for all the replies!

I decided to just buy online, Midwest Supplies, and go from there. The local homebrew shop isn't actually a homebrew shop, and the beer stuff is just an add on to the larger store. Their grain seems to sit around forever, and I can't stand their staff.

I plan on calling the restaurant suppliers when I need more kegs, it'd be nice to have a local place with cheap kegs--that might be too much of a dream, though.

Latest posts

Back