finally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truble

Reaction score
for the first Friday in a long time, nothing to do, nowhere I have to go, no travel for work.....just got home and cracked some Angry Simon. Wife is bringing home some steaks, and that is the scope of my activities for the next 12 hours.

I've got a free and clear night too - having a nice Grand Cru that's had a couple of weeks in the keg now. Nice!! I think I'm going out for Mexican

Tomorrow, I have a ballgame to attend and then Monster's Inc. on Ice for Sunday. I'll have to TIVO the Bears game and watch it in the evening

Ain't that a great feeling? Tomorrow I plan on parking my fat a@# in front of the big screen for the Wisconsin-Michigan game. The Badgers will probably get squished, but I'll have fun anyway.:mug:

The steak is a Rib-eye. Garlic mashed sidekick. I also cracked open my last liter of Banshee's Brother. Man this stuff aged well!

Have to clean the rest of my gutters tomorrow, clean my garage, and do my homework for my class, but Sunday is devoted to watching Jake Plummer lose his mind trying to figure out the Patriots defense.

Truble, is this a class for work or are you working on a degree? I only ask because I am currently going back to school (for accounting) and classes start Monday--I take all my classes online.

:off:You list flying as an interest, are you a pilot? I know there are a few on this board, definitely two hobbies to be enjoyed separately.

Yeah, I am going for my master's in Information Technology Management. I have a bachelor's in Economics and Accounting, so I know what you are getting into....

I do fly. I do not have my ticket yet, but I have about 40 hrs, and was close to taking my checkride when I had to shelve it for a while for various reasons. I plan on getting back up there when I finish school, about 1 1/2 years. I can go up with my cousin in his plane when I need to scratch that itch, so it isn't as bad.

Good luck on the school! the class I am taking is an online course too, though most of mine are in the classroom. I am taking it through work-they partnered with a university here in boston that offers the classes at night on work premises. Can't be more convenient!

I too am going to school on the company dime. I currently work in a factory and need something more challenging than watching a machine for eight hours on rotating shifts (not to mention the need to get away from those harmful chemicals--I can destroy my liver on my own thank you).

I used to be a flight instructor but gave up on a flying career when I got married, living in poverty is alright alone, but with someone else relying on me it was time to be responsible. I keep putting off starting my aerial photography business, something that would keep my in the air.

Good luck, yourself. That degree should come with a healthy raise, yes?

That's the plan. it is hard to make it to director's level and above at my company without a master's, so I just about maxed out. At the very least, it is free education, and makes me more marketable.

I know a couple flight instructors and can sympathize with that situation. Aerial Photog would be a nice side gig though!

Latest posts

Back