Finally i have success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayroc

Reaction score
My first batch of beer did not turn out at all so I am stoked that this one has turned out better then I had hoped for. After my extract infection I decided to go all out and just do a all grain, and it went poorly to be honest. There was a cold snap and I had to brew in -19C as the high!! It got down to -26 by the time I was done. So to top it off my lauter tun I built did not work, my sparge tuck once and then when I did my cold break and went to siphon into my Carboy I found out I had tons of sediment and what not from my not so good filter bed. Also I found out that after i was done somehow, to hit my gravity I had to add a gallon of water( I boiled and cooled it) and I ended up with only 3.5 gallons instead of 5. So with a triple fail I tasted it and wow it was bitter. So I thought to myself what would Revvy say. Well we all know the answer to that. So I drank some mead that I had made and pitched my yeast and put it in my cold room. Now 3 1/2 weeks later and I am blown away. It's awesome! It's a little spicy with malt rye and liberty hops but smoother the silk as it goes down. I just finished bottling it and it's even amazing flat. :)

I think I will call it "dragon's breath"

I may tweak this over time but man it's good.

Now we shall see how long I can wait to drink it :eek:

Latest posts

Back